Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Bear Necessities!


So we are officially 2 months out from our big trip to the Smokies and I'm already thinking of our protection. Driving back from FL I dropped into Nashville's R.E.I. store and purchased a counter assault bear spray (Bear Mase). Not that this will work, but it makes me feel safer. This is a reminder that you to need to be thinking of the bear necessities. I recommend that you all buy small air horns and odor proof food sacks (OPSak). I will also be purshasing a bear bag for hanging our food (URSack) this year.

1 comment:

David said...

Sorry we missed you guys when you stopped by REI in Nashville. We were in the Big Easy that weekend and you probably tried to get a hold of us while we were flying.
On a related note, if anybody needs anything from REI in preparation let me know and I'll bring it up when I come.